Waiting for Hysterectomy Surgery | Anxiety
Most women have gone through all of these feelings of worry and anxiety while anticipating their surgery. You are not alone!
First off, take a few deep breaths and realize that being afraid is normal, but you do not have to let it rule your life.
Here are some things you can do to help ease the anxiety:
- Take care of yourself. This is your time to be pampered. Take a long bath and cry it out. Sometimes we bottle our fears, and and it helps to let it all out.
- Make sure you get some sleep. Hard I know, but the more sleep you have, the better things will seem.
- Take a few moments to take in some long cleansing breaths. Think positive thoughts. Pray and ask God to help you get through it, and He will.
- Prepare so when you get home you can rest and relax and heal. Clean your house and prepare some make ahead meals.
- Go on family and friend outings. You won’t be up for doing much for a while post op.
- Be kind to yourself. This is a stressful time.
Be sure and talk to your doctor if you are concerned about your anxiety.
This content was written by staff of HysterSisters.com by non-medical professionals based on discussions, resources and input from other patients for the purpose of patient-to-patient support. Reprinted with permission: Waiting for Hysterectomy Surgery | Anxiety