Please note that you are authorized to use this Web only if you agree to this Privacy Statement, and your use of this Web constitutes your acceptance of this Privacy Statement.
Information You Choose to Provide
Hysterectomy.org collects personally identifiable information only from our users who choose to provide it. We do so at several different points on our web site, for example:
- At the subscription point for the Hysterectomy.org
- When you contact Hysterectomy.org by e-mail
- At the Hysterectomy Story submission page
- On the Free eBooks By Email request page
We use the information you provide to deliver the services you have requested.
We may also use the information you provide to operate and maintain the Hysterectomy.org web and to improve our content, services and communications with you.
Because Hysterectomy.org is produced and managed within the United States, you understand that the data protection laws of the United States may not be as comprehensive as those in your own country and that the transfer of this personal information occurs with your consent.
Information Collected Automatically
Hysterectomy.org also collects routine tracking information as users move through the site, through the use of IP addresses, cookies, and web beacons.
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
- We do not rent, sell or otherwise provide your personally identifiable information to third parties for marketing purposes, without your consent.
- We may disclose your personally identifiable information in response to a subpoena or court order, or in response to a request from a law enforcement or other government agency, to establish or exercise our legal rights or to defend against claims.
- We reserve the right to transfer all personally identifiable information in our possession to a successor organization in the event of a merger, acquisition or a sale of all or a part of our assets. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- If you opt-in to receive marketing and promotional communications from us or from our sponsors, your identity and contact information (but no medical information) may be used to send you messages about products or services that may be of interest to you. At any time, you can “opt out” of receiving promotional e-mail messages, or having your identity and contact information provided to our sponsors, by contacting us. You will be responsible for contacting these third parties directly, to request that they stop sending you promotional e-mail.
- We may send you messages regarding your subscription, an order or a contribution by you, or other transactional or relationship messages, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
- We may share aggregated demographic information with our partners and sponsors. The aggregate demographic information we share is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
This web site and our mobile application contain links to other sites. Please be aware that Hysterectomy.org is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of every web site that collects personally identifiable information.
We maintain reasonable and appropriate security procedures and practices to protect the personally identifiable information you provide from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification and disclosure, and we require that our authorized service providers that have access to your personally identifiable information implement and maintain such security procedures and practices as well.
Hysterectomy.org Web Site is intended for adults. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of thirteen.
Last Update: January 10, 2015